Wednesday, 28 February 2007

Driving in the wind

Very lazy start this morning with a 10: am start. Not really sure on the layout of this blog. Anyway Breakfast was just a simple bowl of Cornflakes to start the day at 10:30 along with e-Mail checks. However reading recent news maybe I should be on Quater Oaks instead as they are more healthy.

Start of spring clean, the house had not be tidied in a while so I thought it would be a good idea if I gave it a bit of clean while my socks and boxer shorts for the weekend were drying in the tumble drier. Gave the place a hoover with my trusty Dyson hover without the proper head. Then a mop through the hall, where possible. I' m always unsure how much bleach I actually need on the floor, no slippers on so my feet started to sting feet and bleach are a no no no.

Packed the bags together and placed them by the door, did the necessary double checks that all the windows and doors were locked and the gas was off, think its a ritual before I leave the house or its my OCD kicking in, anyway I get out of the house and its pouring it down with rain. I lookforward to the task of driving in this madness. Quite scarily I see the River Thames getting closer to the banks, not good when I need to go over a bridge, safe today but maybe not tomorrow.

Just a note that motorway driving and no window don't really go too well with each other. I found a way of reducing the noise reduction in my car "the trusted IPOD" well it helped me to sing away til my heart is content to a bit of Oasis/The Kooks/Arctic Monkeys.

Managed to get the car to the garage in one piece after a 4-5 hour drive. Anyway got back home had a nice chilli which filled the gap considering there was no lunch in my scheduled busy day.

Watched Grand Designs tonight, quite interesting really. Basically, a couple developed an old old old castle into some magnificant castle with rooms that I would die for. Sorted out a problem with my D-Link router as I had a problem with my D-Link router.

To bed me thinks!

No comments: